You know the deal, if I tagged you, you either tagged me first or I am just nosy and want to know more about you. I wrote this list twice. If you think I was loquacious in this one, count yourself lucky that this is the condensed version.
1. I used to blog incessantly, sometimes three or four times a day. They always contained unscrupulous amounts of TMI, emotional and biological. I am learning not to divulge so much of myself anymore.
2. I wanted to be a singer. Stage fright ended that dream. Funny story, I cried at my audition for the state honors choir, but still managed to get a spot. Ok, maybe more pathetic than funny. Did you know that you could letter in choir? I have the bars and the letter to prove it. No jacket though, I wasn't delusional.
3. I once lived in a house with five guys. I became severely anti-social at that time in my life. I spent a lot of time on my back. I mean I spent the majority of my time in bed. Basically, I avoided the living room and the kitchen.
4. I have been hit on by more of my girlfriends than guy friends. Actually, I have not been hit on by many men at all throughout my "single" years. These days, at Rocky's, only elderly married men offer to buy me drinks. I guess my conversation skills trump my looks. (I've started ordering water...that's another story.)
5. I began running in 2007 despite my previous fanatical sedentary lifestyle. I am seriously not exaggerating when I say it was a lifestyle. I almost flunked P.E. when I was younger, more than once. Since July 2007, I have run (3) 5Ks, (1) 15K, (1) Stair Climb, (8) Half Marathons, and (3) Marathons. Running humbled me while at the same time instilling pride. I met some of my best friends and my future husband through running. Many a blog has been and will be devoted to running.
6. I have kept childhood friends who I wouldn't befriend as an adult. However, I still have the scar on my face and the love in my heart for my best friend from Kindergarten. I plan to grow old with my best friend since 7th grade, because women have longer life expectancies. Alternatively, I have friends now that I never would have gotten along with when we were younger. Sometimes it's a good thing that people change.
7. I moved out with my high school boyfriend at 17 and got engaged at 18. After that break-up, I did a tour of duty on my friends' couches when I was 19, I also got my driver's license and my first car then. I finally got my own apartment when I was 21.
8. I started writing poetry and recited it at a literary symposium in 5th grade and a talent show in 8th grade. Words mean more to me than they should.
9. I was in G.A.T.E. from 3rd or 4th grade through 6th grade. I left the public education system and attended Escondido Adventist Academy from 7th through 10th grade. The one advantage of their limited course offering was that I got out of 7th grade P.E. by taking Spanish with the Seniors.
10. I used to be fluent in Spanish. I tested into Longfellow Elementary when I was 4 years old. It was a magnet school that taught every subject in Spanish. I don't think we started English until 2nd or 3rd grade. Unfortunately, now, my fluency only occurs when I am drunk.
11. When I talk about my family, it is my adopted family. People sometimes get confused and assume I'm talking about my biological family since I don't use the identifier "adopted," which I don't get. Why would I talk about people that I don't know anything about? I have 2 half brothers (Mike & Mark), 3 half sisters (Laura, Alisa, & Diane), and I have 2 step brothers (Mark & Mike). I didn't meet my Dad, step mother, or any of my half siblings until I was 19 or older.
12. I have an unhealthy obsession with food. I would never cheat on food by dieting. I plan trips around food. My eating habits have been considered by some as dining entertainment.
13. I called my grandma "Mama." This was derived from the fact that at meals I would extend my grasping hands to her food, having already eaten mine, and cry "ma ma." Which translated into "more more." Due to my past, it took me a long time to realize that it wasn't my last meal. In the end, the title was fitting since she was more like a mother to me.
14. I have, what some people consider a bad habit, of busing my own table after a meal. I try to curb this inclination when I am at a fancy restaurant as not to seem too gauche.
15. I have lived in San Diego County most of my life. Although I lived in Poway from 1985-1996, I still considered myself a San Diegan. I also did a 3 year stint in Temecula, which made me realize that I couldn't live without San Diego. I have been living in PB for over a year and I absolutely love it. But I love Ahi more.
16. My father told me that as a baby, I was tied to a table. It was in a little village called Ahnjungnee (phonetic spelling since I can't find it on a map of South Korea). I believe the floor was dirt and the rope was around my neck. I did not find this out until I was in my 20s, but it explained a weird tick I had since I was a toddler of obsessively pulling the skin on my neck. I still find myself doing it once in a great while.
17. I have horrible night vision. I shouldn't be allowed to drive at night without glasses and even then it is iffy.
18. I have a love/hate relationship with shopping. I love acquiring things, but I hate the money it costs. I hate the time it takes to find anything worth buying, hence my ill-gotten impulse purchases. I usually regret the spoils from shopping, because I don't really have the space or the money.
19. I chose to major in a subject that I had no experience in, nor did I know if I had any aptitude for it. Don't ever let anyone tell you that art is easy. It definitely does not allow for my habitual procrastination. It seems no matter how small and insignificant the piece is, you are always sending out a piece of your heart and soul with the creation.
20. The day I met Ahi is the last day I saw or spoke to my mother and stepfather. Although the two have no bearing on each other, that day changed my whole life. All for the good!
21. The only jewelry I wear faithfully is the necklace, ring(s), and earrings that Ahi gave me. The necklace represents his heart always being close to mine. The rubber child's ring was a promise ring that has miraculously survived since October. Then there's the ring he proposed to me with. Finally, the earrings show that he is looking ahead to a time when I can put the diamonds into my ring. Since he knows I don't routinely wear earrings. Other than that, occasionally, I will wear a bracelet.
22. I obsess obsessively. I focus on one thing obsessively. I do this with emotions, I do it with food, I do it with purchases, I do it with hobbies, I do it with anything that can keep my attention and my resources for more than a day. Most of the time, I can only sustain the obsession for a while, but I often experience relapses.
23. I own well over 1,000 books. I definitely obsess about books. I try to stop buying them, knowing I don't have the space, but I just can't help it. I do reread my books and often lament their absence as they are confined to storage right now. Even working at a library doesn't help me maintain the volume of my collection as it continues growing.
24. I may seem shy, but the truth is that I have an extremely thick filter for my wholly inappropriate mouth. I am ruled by the following maxims. "If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth. "A dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste." - Steel Magnolias.
25. I never believed in forever until I met Ahi.
1. I used to blog incessantly, sometimes three or four times a day. They always contained unscrupulous amounts of TMI, emotional and biological. I am learning not to divulge so much of myself anymore.
2. I wanted to be a singer. Stage fright ended that dream. Funny story, I cried at my audition for the state honors choir, but still managed to get a spot. Ok, maybe more pathetic than funny. Did you know that you could letter in choir? I have the bars and the letter to prove it. No jacket though, I wasn't delusional.
3. I once lived in a house with five guys. I became severely anti-social at that time in my life. I spent a lot of time on my back. I mean I spent the majority of my time in bed. Basically, I avoided the living room and the kitchen.
4. I have been hit on by more of my girlfriends than guy friends. Actually, I have not been hit on by many men at all throughout my "single" years. These days, at Rocky's, only elderly married men offer to buy me drinks. I guess my conversation skills trump my looks. (I've started ordering water...that's another story.)
5. I began running in 2007 despite my previous fanatical sedentary lifestyle. I am seriously not exaggerating when I say it was a lifestyle. I almost flunked P.E. when I was younger, more than once. Since July 2007, I have run (3) 5Ks, (1) 15K, (1) Stair Climb, (8) Half Marathons, and (3) Marathons. Running humbled me while at the same time instilling pride. I met some of my best friends and my future husband through running. Many a blog has been and will be devoted to running.
6. I have kept childhood friends who I wouldn't befriend as an adult. However, I still have the scar on my face and the love in my heart for my best friend from Kindergarten. I plan to grow old with my best friend since 7th grade, because women have longer life expectancies. Alternatively, I have friends now that I never would have gotten along with when we were younger. Sometimes it's a good thing that people change.
7. I moved out with my high school boyfriend at 17 and got engaged at 18. After that break-up, I did a tour of duty on my friends' couches when I was 19, I also got my driver's license and my first car then. I finally got my own apartment when I was 21.
8. I started writing poetry and recited it at a literary symposium in 5th grade and a talent show in 8th grade. Words mean more to me than they should.
9. I was in G.A.T.E. from 3rd or 4th grade through 6th grade. I left the public education system and attended Escondido Adventist Academy from 7th through 10th grade. The one advantage of their limited course offering was that I got out of 7th grade P.E. by taking Spanish with the Seniors.
10. I used to be fluent in Spanish. I tested into Longfellow Elementary when I was 4 years old. It was a magnet school that taught every subject in Spanish. I don't think we started English until 2nd or 3rd grade. Unfortunately, now, my fluency only occurs when I am drunk.
11. When I talk about my family, it is my adopted family. People sometimes get confused and assume I'm talking about my biological family since I don't use the identifier "adopted," which I don't get. Why would I talk about people that I don't know anything about? I have 2 half brothers (Mike & Mark), 3 half sisters (Laura, Alisa, & Diane), and I have 2 step brothers (Mark & Mike). I didn't meet my Dad, step mother, or any of my half siblings until I was 19 or older.
12. I have an unhealthy obsession with food. I would never cheat on food by dieting. I plan trips around food. My eating habits have been considered by some as dining entertainment.
13. I called my grandma "Mama." This was derived from the fact that at meals I would extend my grasping hands to her food, having already eaten mine, and cry "ma ma." Which translated into "more more." Due to my past, it took me a long time to realize that it wasn't my last meal. In the end, the title was fitting since she was more like a mother to me.
14. I have, what some people consider a bad habit, of busing my own table after a meal. I try to curb this inclination when I am at a fancy restaurant as not to seem too gauche.
15. I have lived in San Diego County most of my life. Although I lived in Poway from 1985-1996, I still considered myself a San Diegan. I also did a 3 year stint in Temecula, which made me realize that I couldn't live without San Diego. I have been living in PB for over a year and I absolutely love it. But I love Ahi more.
16. My father told me that as a baby, I was tied to a table. It was in a little village called Ahnjungnee (phonetic spelling since I can't find it on a map of South Korea). I believe the floor was dirt and the rope was around my neck. I did not find this out until I was in my 20s, but it explained a weird tick I had since I was a toddler of obsessively pulling the skin on my neck. I still find myself doing it once in a great while.
17. I have horrible night vision. I shouldn't be allowed to drive at night without glasses and even then it is iffy.
18. I have a love/hate relationship with shopping. I love acquiring things, but I hate the money it costs. I hate the time it takes to find anything worth buying, hence my ill-gotten impulse purchases. I usually regret the spoils from shopping, because I don't really have the space or the money.
19. I chose to major in a subject that I had no experience in, nor did I know if I had any aptitude for it. Don't ever let anyone tell you that art is easy. It definitely does not allow for my habitual procrastination. It seems no matter how small and insignificant the piece is, you are always sending out a piece of your heart and soul with the creation.
20. The day I met Ahi is the last day I saw or spoke to my mother and stepfather. Although the two have no bearing on each other, that day changed my whole life. All for the good!
21. The only jewelry I wear faithfully is the necklace, ring(s), and earrings that Ahi gave me. The necklace represents his heart always being close to mine. The rubber child's ring was a promise ring that has miraculously survived since October. Then there's the ring he proposed to me with. Finally, the earrings show that he is looking ahead to a time when I can put the diamonds into my ring. Since he knows I don't routinely wear earrings. Other than that, occasionally, I will wear a bracelet.
22. I obsess obsessively. I focus on one thing obsessively. I do this with emotions, I do it with food, I do it with purchases, I do it with hobbies, I do it with anything that can keep my attention and my resources for more than a day. Most of the time, I can only sustain the obsession for a while, but I often experience relapses.
23. I own well over 1,000 books. I definitely obsess about books. I try to stop buying them, knowing I don't have the space, but I just can't help it. I do reread my books and often lament their absence as they are confined to storage right now. Even working at a library doesn't help me maintain the volume of my collection as it continues growing.
24. I may seem shy, but the truth is that I have an extremely thick filter for my wholly inappropriate mouth. I am ruled by the following maxims. "If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth. "A dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste." - Steel Magnolias.
25. I never believed in forever until I met Ahi.

Brad Nelson
I think you just don't notice when people flirt with you. (4) cause I once did.
February 4 at 1:33pm

George Gensler
10. I was bilingual until I was about 14 (we lived in Spain when I was young), when I switched to German in school, because I was living in Germany. I dropped all foreign languages when I got to college.
13. I thought the first 3 sentences were cute. The last two brought tears to my eyes.
23. Me, too, except the storage part, unless you count the books I keep in my bedroom at my parents' house. DVDs are catching up slowly.... Read More
24. I love the quotes!
I'm so glad you and Ahi found each other!
13. I thought the first 3 sentences were cute. The last two brought tears to my eyes.
23. Me, too, except the storage part, unless you count the books I keep in my bedroom at my parents' house. DVDs are catching up slowly.... Read More
24. I love the quotes!
I'm so glad you and Ahi found each other!
February 4 at 1:45pm

Katharine Keenan
I once lived with 5 guys as well but I don't know if it made me any more anti-social than usual :P I also went to Longfellow Elementary but it was not a magnet school.
February 4 at 2:51pm

Katharine Keenan
P.S. I'm not sure if I can come up with 25 interesting/random things that you guys haven't already heard... maybe I'll get inspired one of these days...
February 4 at 2:51pm

Debbie Garlick
25 brought tears to my eyes.. You are not the same Pete from our 1st run years ago:) Ahhh you are making me get all mushy on you...
February 4 at 3:29pm

Lisa Cartwright Beyer
I can't believe you just started running in 07! You have come a long way! I still can't get myself over the 5k distance.
February 4 at 6:11pm

Adiel Garrison
aww...I always knew you were a beautiful person and you had a BIG heart just waiting to break the walls down to find TRUE LOVE...and now I am SOOOO happy you have someone to share it with. I am so happy you found your other half.. :) ps....sorry about the scar..I think I gave some of those to JAson too... O_o You see past the naughty parts of my childhood. Remeber Hillary? I wonder what ever happened to her?
February 4 at 8:45pm

Matt Armstrong
#26: I have two more sisters, two new brothers, 3 nephews, and a niece. Welcome to the family!
-K
-K
February 4 at 8:59pm

Darrel N Tami
Thanks for the refresher....
I still hope I am counted as a friend... although a quiet one (still). ;-)
I still hope I am counted as a friend... although a quiet one (still). ;-)
February 5 at 1:30am

Ikamana Tulua-Tata
i did this a while ago on myspace...and nobody continued it.. he he... i love learning about you!! how much longer will you be living in SD? cos we need to meet up for bfast/lunch/dinner/drinks before you head off into the sunset...
February 5 at 12:05pm

Nicole Matsudaira
February 6 at 8:26pm
Thanks for sharing. I had no idea that you were such a funny, insightful and engaging writer. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better :)





No comments:
Post a Comment