Friday, January 23, 2009

The Moment


Every day I struggle

to focus on 

TODAY

 

The past at my back

I can't help but look over my shoulder

All the while rushing to stay ahead of yesterday



The future so far ahead

Taunting me

to catch up to tomorrow

 

At times I tire of the race, knowing

I hold myself back

I lose steps along the way

 

The past is unchanging

The future is unstoppable

The NOW just is


 

Katharine Keenan
Katharine Keenan
Ooooh... a Pete Poem! I have read one of these in a while! Very nice :)
January 23 at 12:53pm
 
Roxanne Conlon
Roxanne Conlon
a poem here on facebook - cool beans. btw i booked my flight for shamrock 26.2 - woo hoo
January 23 at 5:23pm 
 
Bridgette Benoit-Gomes
Bridgette Benoit-Gomes
Absolutely! Nice poem. The Moment is Now!
January 23 at 8:57pm
 
Joe Beyer
Joe Beyer
Hope for the future makes the present more bearable... Goodbye GW!
January 24 at 12:28pm

No comments:

Post a Comment